Saturday 30 March 2013

You say that you're leavin', Well that comes as no surprise...


Have you ever blamed an unsuccessful relationship on your weight? I know that sounds just a little bit superficial; But as a woman, I know its a question I ask myself pretty much every time a romance doesn't evolve. I wonder if I were thinner, if I were more toned would it have made a difference?

It's kind of a double edged sword if you think about it. On one hand, if guys do think that way... they're dicks.   On the other hand, if all these guys aren't superficial assholes, then I can't help but wonder -is the problem me?

It's a little bittersweet to wonder if I do lose the weight, would the same guys then be interested? Because if that's all it was about, then I'd be the one not wanting them.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of guys are interested now.. but as a bigger girl.. I feel like I have to settle for guys who just aren't that great.  I feel that while being overweight, I couldn't land the kind of guy I really want. Maybe it's all in my mind, but I'm just putting the question out there for other bigger girls in the dating world.  Do you think you think you'd attract a different type of man if you were thinner? Have you ever felt like you had zero chance with someone because of your weight? I'd be interested to hear some other peoples opinions on the subject!

Today
Weight: 179.8
Step Forward: Great Workout today! 
Exercise: Walked 30 mins, Bike 20 mins, Elliptical 20 mins.

2 comments:

  1. Since I've lost weight, I get hit on by very young men. Twenty something young men. Not that it makes a difference, I'm married! That being said, I was overweight when I married and landed the guy I really wanted. The right guy will love you for you, not for how you look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Leigh! Great to hear that!!

    ReplyDelete